Prep 3 mins
Cook 10 mins
My sister got this idea from a friend of her. We make them all the time and they are so easy, so tasty and you save money by making them!
- heat oven to 400 degrees.
- spread sauce on pita shell.
- sprinkle cheese on top of sauce and pita shell.
- *add the toppings you want.
- bake for 10 min or until brown (I usually broil it for a couple minute to make it crunchy).
This is a great quick way to throw a pizza together at the last minute. My only complaint is tht the pit 9the crust) was too chewy and had to be ripped apart to be eaten. However it was still good and a recipe I would make again.
This is one of my favorite ways to satisfy a craving for pizza. When I was pregnant, I wanted pizza all of the time. With the pita, I pour a little pizza sauce on top, garnish it with a mixture of mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, sprinkle dried oregano on top, and pour a teaspoon of olive oil all around it. It is yummy and very versatile. Thank you for sharing.