Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this in quick and easy style cookbook a long time ago. It literally takes only 15 minutes from start to finish to make! I made changes that my family likes and this is what I ended up with. My family really likes to make these as well and eat them. The kids have tons of fun making their own.
- 4 pita breads
- 12 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil (optional)
- pizza toppings, of your choice
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 dash red pepper flakes (as desired)
- Lay out pita bread on a cookie sheet.
- Spread 3 Tbsp sauce onto each pita.
- Sprinkle 1/8 tsp of oregano and basil onto each pita.
- Top with desired toppings
- Top with 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese and 1 Tbsp of parmesan cheese on each pita.
- Add red pepper flakes if desired.
- Broil in oven on second shelf position for about 4-5 minutes.
I've been eating these for as long as I can remember eating. These days a just do Margarita pita pizzas: No sauce, just grated mozzarella, torn fresh basil, sliced italian tomatoes, a sprinkling of grated parmesan and a touch of fresh ground black pepper. Heaven.
great recipe! easy to make and the pitas have a wonderful taste as crust!!
I used a homemade pita which was rather thick and so I sliced it in half first. I used sliced peppers, mushrooms, olives, and fresh tomato as topping. It made for a great lunch! Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.