- 1 package whole wheat pita bread
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 can fat-free bean dip
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 jalapeno, chopped and seeded
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, chopped
Any additional toppings
- red pepper (optional)
- shredded chicken (optional)
- seasoned ground beef (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray pita breads on both sides with non-stick cooking spray and place on a cookie sheet.
- Mix bean dip and salsa to create a sauce and spread on pita pockets.
- Add half of the cheese, then the vegetables and meat (if using).
- Top with remining cheese and spray with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 degrees until hot and bubbly.