Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is awsome with homemade pitas, which you can also find on Zaar. It really makes alot, but it saves well in the fridge and is almost better the next day for leftovers. I like this recipe because it's a good way to get my family to eat vegies. My family doesn't like summer squash, but this is also good with squash sauted in with the other vegies. Happy eating!
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground venison
- 1 cup carrot (finely chopped)
- 1 cup celery (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup diced onions or 1 tablespoon dried onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (1 1/8 ounce) package fajita seasoning mix
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup black beans (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup corn (optional)
- 2 -3 cups cooked rice
- 1 diced tomato
- Saute carrots, celery, and onion in olive oil and set aside.
- Brown hamburger, drain, and add fajita seasoning along with the chili and garlic powder.
- Add water and black beans/corn.
- Cook down for about 5-10 min and add the vegitables that were set aside earlier.
- Remove from heat and add cooked rice and tomato.
- Fill pita breads or tortilla shells. I've also had this wrapped in romaine after I ran out of pita bread.
- Could top with lettuce, sour cream, or taco sauce.