Mandy Jo 829's Note:
This is awsome with homemade pitas, which you can also find on Zaar. It really makes alot, but it saves well in the fridge and is almost better the next day for leftovers. I like this recipe because it's a good way to get my family to eat vegies. My family doesn't like summer squash, but this is also good with squash sauted in with the other vegies. Happy eating!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground venison
- 1 cup carrot (finely chopped)
- 1 cup celery (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup diced onions or 1 tablespoon dried onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (1 1/8 ounce) package fajita seasoning mix
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup black beans (optional)
- 1/2 cup corn (optional)
- 2 -3 cups cooked rice
- 1 diced tomato
- 1Saute carrots, celery, and onion in olive oil and set aside.
- 2Brown hamburger, drain, and add fajita seasoning along with the chili and garlic powder.
- 3Add water and black beans/corn.
- 4Cook down for about 5-10 min and add the vegitables that were set aside earlier.
- 5Remove from heat and add cooked rice and tomato.
- 6Fill pita breads or tortilla shells. I've also had this wrapped in romaine after I ran out of pita bread.
- 7Could top with lettuce, sour cream, or taco sauce.
Browse Our Top Deer Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Deer Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pita Filling / Taco Meat
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.8
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 85.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 16.0 g