Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 pita breads (6" diameter)
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, Grated
- Preheat broiler.
- Split pitas horizontally into 2 rounds.
- Spread rough edges with margarine.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl, toss together oregano and Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle over margarine.
- Cut each bread into wedges.
- Broil about 5" from heating element until crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Watch carefully!
- VARIATIONS: experiment with other herbs of your choice such as chives and parsley; or, omit oregano and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve alone or with dips or pates.
I make these all the time, only I use a bit of olive oil, and just brush it on, and sprinkle with garlic powder and oregano, and I bake them not broil, but basically the same and they are very healty, a great low fat, fairly low carb alternative to crackers or potatoe chips
My Husband and I loved this recipe !!! We made it tonight with some spinach dip. It was easy, crunchy and delicious. Thank you for the recipe !!!
Loved this recipe, so easy and very tasty. I like that you can use your favourite spices to season the pita bread, I used recipe#143701 and recipe#332776 and sprinkled them with a mixture of grated cheese -parmesan, asiago,romano. Prepared in honour of chef's DH, Ed.