Top Review by Lois M
I make these all the time, only I use a bit of olive oil, and just brush it on, and sprinkle with garlic powder and oregano, and I bake them not broil, but basically the same and they are very healty, a great low fat, fairly low carb alternative to crackers or potatoe chips
- 2 pita breads (6" diameter)
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, Grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Split pitas horizontally into 2 rounds.
- Spread rough edges with margarine.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl, toss together oregano and Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle over margarine.
- Cut each bread into wedges.
- Broil about 5" from heating element until crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Watch carefully!
- VARIATIONS: experiment with other herbs of your choice such as chives and parsley; or, omit oregano and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve alone or with dips or pates.