Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
These can be served alone or served along side dips.
- 3 large whole wheat pita bread
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat over to 350. Separate each pita round into 2 individual layers.
- In small bowl, combine butter/margarine, parsley, basil and scallions. Brush evenly over rough side of pita layers. Evenly sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Cut each pita layer into 6 wedges. Arrange on ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes or until crips and golden.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
I love pita chips and wanted some and didn't feel like going to the store, so I spied this recipe, had everything and made them. I am so glad I did ~ they are fantastic! I made as posted except to add some garlic powder. They came out of the oven nice and crisp and crisped up more after cooling. Thanks so much for posting a keeper, Bobbie, they are almost gone already!