Recipe by Meredith .F
I saw a photo of this on the cover of Pillsbury's Holiday Appetizers Book and couldn't wait to use them at my Christmas party! I'll post a photo after I make them....
- 4 pita pockets
- 16 thin pretzel sticks, halved
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup guacamole
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each pita into 8 wedges. Insert pretzel stick half into center of bottom of wedge to form "tree trunk".
- In small bowl, mix sour cream, guacamole, parsley and garlic-pepper blend. Spread about 1 tsp mixture on each pita wedge.
- Blot bell pepper with paper towel to remove excess moisture. Spronkle about 1/4 tsp bell pepper on each wedge as "ornaments" on the tree. If desired, cover & refrigerate up to 8 hours before serving.