Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
Yummy! Use with your favorite dip or eat as is, either way, they are great!
- 12 pita pocket bread
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut each Pita bread into 8 triangles and place on lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine rest of ingredients.
- Brush each triangle with oil mixture.
- Bake for about 7 minutes or until light brown and crispy.
- Watch carefully, they burn easily.
I sprayed them with oil spray to reduce the oil content. My kids loved these, what a great idea. A variety of seasonings would allow these to have a range of new and different tastes (Moroccan seasoning, Greek seasoning and so on). Thanks for posting, will make these again.
This is such a great recipe. I agree with other posters that it is better to brush the oil and sprinkle the ingredients before cutting. Thanks for posting.