Recipe by Bay Laurel
I found this recipe in Betty Crocker's New Cookbook. Perfect. I served with Hummus.
Top Review by tednjoc
These are really tasty. Unlike most pita chips recipes, this one calls for butter instead of olive oil. I used much less butter than the recipe calls for, but the taste was not compromised.
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Cut outside around pita breads,using kitchen scissors to seperate layers.
- Cut each layer into 8 wedges.
- Place pieces in single layer on two cookie sheets.
- Brush with butter.
- Sprinkle with dried basil leaves and parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncoverd for 6 to 8 minutes or until light brown and crisp.
- Cool slightly.
- serve and enjoy.