Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
This recipe came from Allrecipes. These chips are so flavorful. They are great used with dips. Good with recipes 108870 and 109026.
- 12 pita pocket bread
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried chervil (parsley can be used)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut each pita bread into 8 triangles.
- Place triangles on lined cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, pepper, salt, basil and chervil.
- Brush each triangle with oil mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 7 minutes, or until browned and crispy.
- Watch carefully, as they tend to burn easily!
These are really, really good! (But I didn't have any chervil) I made it to go with Amie in Arizona's dip #79312. We went through the pita chips very fast so I used some of the oil/spices mixture along with a little melted butter on some French bread slices. That was also very good. THanks, gwynn, for this awesome receipe!