Recipe by TexasKelly
My mother found this recipe on the back of a pita bread bag. It came out great and its also low-cal.
- 3 tablespoons salad oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb chicken cutlet, cut in thin strips
- 1 large red peppers or 1 large green peppers or 1 large yellow pepper, cut in strips
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 pita bread
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, heat oil, garlic, cumin, oregano, salt& pepper over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; saute 4 minutes or until tender.
- Add red pepper, onion and lime juice; saute 4 minutes.
- Cut 1/3 off each pita and fill with chicken mixture.
- If desired, top with salsa and sour cream.
- Makes 4 sandwiches.