Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A nice change from a plain hamburger!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup chopped cucumber
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 pita pocket bread, halved and warmed
- 1 medium tomatoes, cut into 8 thin slices
- Combine dried basil leaves, lemon pepper and onion powder in a small bowl.
- In another small bowl, combine yogurt, cucumber, salt and 1 tsp of herb mixture
- Shape ground beef into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Sprinkle remaining herb mixture over both sides of patties.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Place patties in hot skillet and cook 6-8 minutes, turning once.
- Patties should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F.
- To serve, place a burger in each pita half.
- Add two tomato slices and yogurt sauce as desired.
I only made the cucumber sauce and used the spice on chicken breasts. I added a squirt of lemon juice to the sauce and some garlic powder and salt to the chicken and it was awesome. My whole family loved it and they can be really picky
For the first time in 22 years, my husband ate a hamburger WITHOUT KETCHUP! LOL
We loved this made with ground turkey. I added some garlic and cumin.