Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A recipe from Rachael Ray.
- 4 pita bread, cut into bite-size pieces
- 118.29 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 44.37 ml fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 small cucumbers, peeled and chopped
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 59.14 ml flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 59.14 ml of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F Transfer the pitas to a baking sheet. Bake until crisp, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the cucumbers, tomatoes, bell pepper, scallions, parsley, mint and pitas. Add the lettuce and toss.
I had to make without the tomato because DH used it all & didn't tell me. I also used a green pepper instead of red because that is what I had. I did add a little cumin to the dressing. Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag
PERFECTLY WONDERFUL! I made this as directed but added some hot paprika and onion powder to the dressing and omitted the garlic. Sooo good on a hot summer's day. Made for the Holiday Tag game.