- 4 pita bread, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 small cucumbers, peeled and chopped
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Transfer the pitas to a baking sheet. Bake until crisp, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the cucumbers, tomatoes, bell pepper, scallions, parsley, mint and pitas. Add the lettuce and toss.