1/1 Photo of Pita Bread from a Mix
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl, stir the yeast into the lukewarm water and allow to become frothy; beat in the oil and 2 cups hot roll mix.
- 2Stir in enough of the remaining mix to make a soft dough; turn out on a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, 7 to 10 minutes.
- 3Clean and grease the bowl, place the dough in bowl, turning to grease all sides; cover with a damp towel and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, until doubled (1 to 1 1/2 hours).
- 4Punch down dough, divide into 8 equal pieces, shape each into a ball.
- 5Cover with a towel and let rest 30 minutes; sprinkle 4 large baking sheets with cornmeal or flour; set aside.
- 6On a lightly floured surface, roll out each ball to an 8-inch circle, not more than 1/8 inch thick.
- 7Arrange several inches apart on prepared baking sheets, cover with towels and allow to rise 30 minutes.
- 8Preheat oven to 500 degrees, place cookie sheets on lowest oven rack for 4 to 5 minutes, moving to middle rack for 2 to 3 minutes or until puffed and delicately browned.
- 9Remove from baking sheets, wrap warm bread in foil or place in a plastic food bag to keep surface soft.
- 10Serve warm or at room temperature, the bread will keep in refrigerator for several days.
- 11Cut fill and eat as desired.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pita Bread from a Mix
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 34.4
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat hot roll mix