1/2 Photos of Pita Bread for the Breadmaker
2 hrs 45 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Cilantro in Canada's Note:
I found this at the BHG website. The recipe calls for milk but I made them with water and they turned out fine. I also found that while the cooking time given was 5-7 minutes, it took mine an extra 2 minutes to brown.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the ingredients in your breadmaker as follows: milk, oil, salt, sugar, flour and yeast. Or, follow the recommendations of the manufacturer.
- 2Select the dough cycle.
- 3Once the dough is made let it rest for 10 minutes. I let mine rest in the machine.
- 4Divide dough into 10 balls.On a floured surface, roll each ball to approximately a 6 inch circle.
- 5Place on a greased cookie sheet(s).
- 6Brush each with a little oil and cover and let rise for about 30 minutes or until slightly risen.
- 7Once risen lightly oil the top again.
- 8Bake in a preheated oven at 450 degrees for approximately 5-7 minutes(mine took an extra 2 minutes).
- 9The original recipe calls for the pita to be turned half way through baking, but I found this unnecessary.
- 10Cool on a rack.
- 11Makes ten pita.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pita Bread for the Breadmaker
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.9
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 4.2 mg
- Sodium 190.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 4.5 g