Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can black olives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated
- Brown ground beef, drain.
- In skillet, mix beef, garlic and chili powder, onion, salt, pepper and cheese over low heat until cheeses begins to melt.
- Remove from skillet and mix with zucchini, tomatoes and olives.
I enjoyed the simplicityl of this recipe. It was great to make up ahead of time and then portion out between my DH and I to take for work lunches. I added creamy horseradish sauce to my pita bread to add more flavor. Thank you for posting!
Simple flavor. I make these with 1/2 wheat arabian pitas. That recipe is on Zaar too. I think the pita bread is what makes this so good. I'll make this with rice and put the meat on top wrapped in the pita.
This is one of my FAVORITE recipes I've tried since finding recipezaar. I dont really like black olives so I do leave those out but the rest of the recipe comes out wonderful without them. This is a quick easy recipe that freezes well and tastes great even the next day for lunch. I serve with cucumbers and tomato salad and prefer whole wheat pitas. Thank You Gingerbear for the great recipe!