Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I've read recipes of doing pizza on the bbq so I thought I'd try this one. We often grill up some pita bread to use with some tzatziki dip so I was pretty sure it would work. And it did! Very quick and easy for an appetizer.
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1⁄4 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 Greek pita breads (not with the pockets.)
- Mix the first 8 ingredients and put aside. (this can be done ahead of time and refrigerated until needed).
- Brush the pita breads with a little bit of olive oil (and garlic if desired).
- Grill on each side for a couple of minutes - and no longer! Make sure the grill is at meduim heat.
- Once you've flipped it twice, put some of the tomato mixture on the top side of the pita bread, sprinkle some mozzarella cheese over top and then close the lid for a couple of minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Take it off the grill and cut each pita into 6 wedges. Enjoy!