Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Add any filling you like....
- 2 teaspoons dry yeast
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon sugar or 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups flour
- cooking oil
- Dissolve yeast in water with sugar.
- Let froth.
- Add salt& flour, mix well.
- Knead, adding more flour as necessary.
- Let rise till doubled.
- Punch down.
- Divide into 6 equal portions& let rise for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 475F.
- Roll each bread to 1/2-inch.
- Sprinkle cornmeal on greased cookie sheet& bake for 4-5 minutes on each side or until puffed up.
- Wrap immediately in a moist dishtowel for three to four minutes.
- (You can double your recipe and freeze or refrigerate the bread) 2.
- Defrost your pita's and heat them up in a frying pan turning often so they don't burn.
Excellent and easy to make. The kids helped me and we had a great time. We dipped the pita bread in hummus and it was fabulous.
This is very good .. I made it in the bread machine and it turned out great .. thanks