Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I saw this recipe on the Food Network. It looks great, so I thought I'd post it. It's from the show 'French Food at Home' with laura Calder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 1/2-inch/1 cm pieces
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- salt and pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 cup white kidney beans, cooked
- 1 cup zucchini, diced small
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded, and diced
- pesto sauce, for garnish
- parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan and gently cook the onion until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the green beans, potato and carrot dice. Pour over 4 cups/1-litre vegetable water or stock. Season with salt and pepper, add the bay leaf and the thyme. Bring to a boil, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add the kidney beans and the zucchini and continue cooking until all the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes longer.
- Stir through the tomato.
- Ladle the soup into bowls.
- (Remove the bay leaf and thyme sprigs).
- Add a spoonful of pesto to each bowl, and grate over Parmesan cheese.