1/3 Photos of Pisto (Spanish Vegetable Stir-Fry)
This is a classic dish from Spain. In many regions, 2-3 lightly beaten eggs are stirred into the pan when the vegetables are almost cooked.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled & cut into cubes
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded & cut into chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded & cut into chunks
- 1 eggplant, cut into small cubes
- 1 zucchini, cut into small cubes
- 4 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1Heat the oil & garlic in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- 2Saute the potatoes for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 3Add the onion & bell peppers and cook for 8-10 more minutes, or until the onion is lightly browned.
- 4Add the zucchini & eggplant & cook for additional 5 minutes then add the tomatoes.
- 5Season with the spices, pour in the water, & cook for 10-15 minutes more or until all the vegetables are tender.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pisto (Spanish Vegetable Stir-Fry)
Serving Size: 1 (388 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.3
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 26.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 6.5 g