This is a classic dish from Spain. In many regions, 2-3 lightly beaten eggs are stirred into the pan when the vegetables are almost cooked.
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled & cut into cubes
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded & cut into chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded & cut into chunks
- 1 eggplant, cut into small cubes
- 1 zucchini, cut into small cubes
- 4 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Heat the oil & garlic in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Saute the potatoes for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add the onion & bell peppers and cook for 8-10 more minutes, or until the onion is lightly browned.
- Add the zucchini & eggplant & cook for additional 5 minutes then add the tomatoes.
- Season with the spices, pour in the water, & cook for 10-15 minutes more or until all the vegetables are tender.