Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great cake recipe that I got from a baking book. It's so easy to make make and tastes great! Goes great with coffee, tea or just by itself. Enjoy!
- 150 g unsalted pistachio nuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 150 g unsalted butter (chilled and chopped)
- 185 g self-raising flour
- 310 g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 lime
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Grease and line a 20cm round cake tin.
- Place pistachios and cardamom in a food processor and pulse until the pistachios are just chopped.
- Add butter, flour and 3/4 cup of the caster sugar and pulse for 20 seconds or until the mixture is crumbly.
- Combine yoghurt and eggs and add to the above, and pulse for 10 seconds or until just combined.
- Spoon into the tin and bake for 45-50 minutes or until skewer when inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes and invert cake onto a plate.
- Peel the zest of the lime.
- Place the remaining sugar and 100ml water in a saucepan and heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to a boil and add the lime zest and cook for 5 minutes.
- Strain and cool slightly.
- Pierce the cake with a few skewer holes and pour hot syrup on the cake.