Prep 30 mins
Cook 14 mins
- In a large bowl, beat butter, shortening and sugar at medium speed until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beat until just blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until just blended.
- Stir in white chocolate chips and pistachios.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes , until lightly browned.
- Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets, finish cooling on wire racks.
Nice cookie...I don't want to sound bad but this is a mild cookie and if that is what you are looking for I would say this is the one the texture is lovely. My daughter loves white chocolate chips and pistachios. I was trying to think of a way to Christmas these up! I think I will pipe a small dollop of white chocolate on top and sprinkle with green sugar. also I wish I would have chopped up the nuts a bit more biting into a huge nut in a cookie can be a not such a nice surprise, remember Pistachios are a hard nut not soft like pecans or walnuts.
These are delicious and just a little bit different. Do yourself a favor and buy the already shelled, lightly salted pistachios. They take forever to shell and the the nuts and shells weigh about the same, making the cost virtually the same. I don't bother to chop the pistachios, just toss them in.