Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an easy to make torte. There aren't any pistachios actually in it. The flavor comes from pistachio pudding. For the nuts in the crust you can use pecans or walnuts. You can change the torte by changing the flavor of pudding.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup ground nuts
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, divided
- 3 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes instant pistachio pudding mix
- 4 1⁄2 cups milk
- For the crust, mix together the flour, butter and nuts.
- Press in the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake at 325 for 15 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar and 1 cup cool whip.
- Spread on top of crust.
- Mix well the pudding and milk.
- Pour on top of cream cheese mixture and let set.
- Top with remaining cool whip.
- May top with chopped nuts if desired.
Made this today and followed the recipe exactly. Turned out okay, however, the cream cheese mixture is spread VERY thin in a 9x13 inch pan! Next time, I will double the cream cheese, powdered sugar and Cool Whip mixture.
I've been making this recipe for close to 30 years! It's very easy and always a crowd pleaser. I lost my original recipe when I re-organized my recipe file and am so happy to find it here. CocoaVan said that this recipe was named "The Next Best Thing To Robert Redford" in one of her cookbooks. If I was going to give this a name, I'd call it "The Next Best Thing to Antonio Banderas"! LOL Thanks for posting the recipe.
VERY NICE!!!! I followed the recipe the first time and the second time I used Splenda instead of sugar and it was just as good!!! Thanks for a great new recipe.