Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
Very good Green cookies for St. Pat's day.
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml icing sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 0.25 ml salt
- 177.44 ml shelled pistachios, finely chopped
- 78.07 ml seedless raspberry jam (or other jam)
- In a medium bowl, beat butter, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla until pale and fluffy.
- Add flour and salt and mix until combined.
- Form into ball, wrap in plastic wrap and chill in fridge 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Divide dough into 24 pieces and roll between palms to make small, round balls.
- Whisk egg white lightly until foamy.
- Dip balls in egg white, roll in pistachios and place on baking sheet.
- Make indentation in centre of each cookie with your thumb.
- Bake 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and re-indent centre.
- Return to oven and bake another 8 minutes until just slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and while still warm, add 1/2 teaspoon jam to centre of each cookie.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Note: 1 1/2 cup in-shell pistachios equals 3/4 cup shelled.
Fantastic cookies Dorothy! My family is crazy for anything pistachio and they totally loved these cookies. I'm submitting a photo in gratitude of your sharing such a tasty treat!
Made these for the first time this Christmas and they were delish.Great flavor and looked great! Thanks
Made these filling them with lemon curd; cream cheese frosting and fudge frosting 3 cookies in one. Thanks for the recipe.