1/1 Photo of Pistachio Thumbprint Cookies
Very good Green cookies for St. Pat's day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl, beat butter, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla until pale and fluffy.
- 2Add flour and salt and mix until combined.
- 3Form into ball, wrap in plastic wrap and chill in fridge 30 minutes.
- 4Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 5Divide dough into 24 pieces and roll between palms to make small, round balls.
- 6Whisk egg white lightly until foamy.
- 7Dip balls in egg white, roll in pistachios and place on baking sheet.
- 8Make indentation in centre of each cookie with your thumb.
- 9Bake 5 minutes.
- 10Remove from oven and re-indent centre.
- 11Return to oven and bake another 8 minutes until just slightly browned.
- 12Remove from oven and while still warm, add 1/2 teaspoon jam to centre of each cookie.
- 13Cool on wire rack.
- 14Note: 1 1/2 cup in-shell pistachios equals 3/4 cup shelled.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pistachio Thumbprint Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.9
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 18.9 mg
- Sodium 38.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 1.6 g