Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This one I received from a friend long ago and it has been part of my St. Paddy's Day table ever since.
- Mix together the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl and beat well.
- In a small bowl mix the nuts, sugar and cinnamon.
- In a lightly greased bundt pan, pour 1/3 batter and 1/2 nut mixture. Repeat ending with the last of the batter. You should have batter, nuts, batter, nuts, batter. And don't worry if layers are not even, it will all work out in the end.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour in a 350° oven. Cool completely before removing from pan.
- Serve as is or simply dust with confectioners' sugar.
Green or not, this cake was a hit at a neighborhood gathering we had to celebrate the holidays (a little early, I realize, but what the hey!!) & although I did pretty much follow the recipe, I did include an additional 1/4 cup of pistachios (love those buggers)! Thanks for a great cake recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag]
I have been making this cake for several years now, and it always gets raves. I don't just make it on St. Paddy's Day but whenever any special occasion arises. It is nice for Christmas, too, with the addition of some chopped candied cherries. ==Wylie's Mom