- 20 medium fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons minced onions
- 7 tablespoons butter or 7 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs or 1⁄3 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 cup pistachios, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup after chopping)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Remove stems from mushroom caps; finely chop stems.
- In a skillet saute stems and the onion in 4 tablespoons butter until tender.
- Add garlic and cook for additional two minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the remaining butter and mix well.
- Spoon stuffing into mushroom caps.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Melt the remaining 3 tablespoons butter and drizzle over mushrooms.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes or until hot.