Recipe by Annacia
Gorgeous, vibrant figs stuffed with buttery rich pistachios. *EDIT: After reading Cookgirl's review I have removed the stated broiling time as all stoves do run at somewhat different temps so just keep your eyes on them for a few mins.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
The first batch I burnt beyond recognition. Eight minutes was much too long. This is my fault primarily because we have a new stove and this was only my second time using the broiler. The next batch I broiled the dates and apricots probably no more than 2 minutes and they were perfect. These are really delicious and I love the combination of flavors. Served with #173172. Made for NA*ME tag/June
- 8 small fresh figs or 8 small fresh apricots
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pistachios or 1⁄4 cup almonds
- 2 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to broil. Cut a cross from the top about three-quarters of the way down into the figs. Mash together the butter, sugar, ground pistachios and flour and chill for 1 hour.
- Divide chilled filling into as may balls as you have figs, and poke onto into the mouth of each. Broil until the nut mixture is golden and the figs hot. Serve with whipped cream or crème fraîche.