Recipe by Nova Scotia Cook
A good friend and former co-worker brought these squares to a baby shower a number of years ago. Makes for a very delicious dessert to take to a family gathering or any occasion and guaranteed you'll get lots of requests for the recipe. Bet when you try them, you won't be able to stop at just one!!!
Top Review by AZ to AK
My mother made this recipe for years. She always called it Verna's Delight. I have no clue who Verna was or where she got the recipe. However, my mom usually made this with chocolate pudding mix and then put shaved chocolate on top. It is also very good made with vanilla pudding or one of my personal favorites, butterscotch pudding. Thanks for recipe and the great memories. Watch out, these truly are really addictive!
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- 2⁄3 cup icing sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 liter Cool Whip
- 2 (113 g) packages instant pistachio pudding mix
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first layer and press into 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Combine ingredients for second layer and spread on first layer.
- Mix pudding and milk; spread over second layer.
- Spread remaining Cool Whip over third layer.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.