Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Adapted from Najmieh Batmanglij's "Persian Cooking for a Healthy Kitchen". I have not yet had the chance to try this recipe, but it looks delicious and I cannot wait to test it out!
- 236.59 ml pistachios, shelled
- 14.79-29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced finely
- 1 leek, chopped finely
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 44.37 ml rice flour
- 1419.54 ml chicken broth or 1419.54 ml stock
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper or 1.23 ml white pepper
- 59.14 ml orange juice
- 29.58 ml lime juice or 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 29.58 ml pistachios, slivered (garnish)
- Soak and rinse the pistachios a couple times, if salted. Finely grind the pistachios in a food processor.
- In a heavy saucepan, heat the olive oil. Add the shallot, leek and the garlic. Saute until translucent. Add the rice flour, stirring constantly. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the ground pistachios, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the orange and lime/lemon juices, stir. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed. Garnish with pistachios and lime zest (optional) Can be served hot or cold.