Chef mariajane's Note:
This delicious recipe is from "My Vue" by Shannon Bennett. This recipe is a little time-consuming, but so worth the effort!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups milk
- 2 vanilla beans, split lengthwise and seeds scraped
- 7 ounces heavy cream
- 8 large egg yolks
- 1 cup superfine sugar
FOR THE CHOCOLATE GANACHE
FOR THE SOUFFLE MOLDS
FOR THE CREME PATISSIERE
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise, seeds scraped
- 1/4 cup pistachio paste
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
FOR THE MERINGUE
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup superfine sugar
- 1FOR THE CREME ANGLAISE: prepare an ice-water bath. Set aside.
- 2Combine milk, vanilla seeds and cream in a medium heavy bottom saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- 3In a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until pale and thickened. Remove milk mixture from heat, and while whisking the yolk mixture, slowly add milk. When thoroughly combined, transfer mixture back to the saucepan. Cook, stirring, until mixture coats the back of a spoon, 3-6 minutes.
- 4Strain mixture through a fine sieve into medium bowl set over the ice-water bath. Continue stirring until mixture has cooled. Creme Anglaise may be stored in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- 5PREPARE GANACHE: Place cream in a heavy bottomed saucepan and bring to a boil. Place chocolate in a medium bowl. Pour cream over chocolate and stir until chocolate is melted. Transfer to freezer until frozen, about 1 1/2 hours. Using an ice cream scoop, evenly divide chocolate into 6 portions, place portions on a plate or small baking sheet, and return to freezer.
- 6PREPARE THE MOLDS: Butter six 1-cup alminum dariole molds; coat with grated chocolate. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 7PREPARE CREME PATISSIERE: Combine milk, vanilla bean and seeds in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove vanilla bean and discard. Whisk in pistachion paste.
- 8I a large bowl, whisk together granulated sugar, egg yolks, flour and cornstarch. Slowly add a quarter of the milk mixture to the egg mixture, whisking constantly. Slowly whisk the egg mixture into the remaining milk mixture. Place saucepan over medium heat, and cook, whisking until thick and smooth, about 2 minutes. Place 1/4 cup Creme patissiere in a medium bowl, whisk until completely cooled and set aside. Reserve remaining creme patissiere for another use.
- 9Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 10PREPARE MERINGUE:.
- 11In the bowl of an electreic mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment, beat egg whites until foamy. Continue beating while slowly adding superfine sugar. Beat until shiny stiff peaks form.
- 12Fold half of the meringue into the creme patissiere. Continue folding in meringue in 3 batches. Spoon mixture into prepared molds filling about 3/4 full. Place 1 cube frozen ganache in the center and continue filling molds with batter until completely full. Bake until souffles rise, 6-8 minutes.
- 13Using an immersion blender, froth creme anglaise. Divide creme anglaise evenly between 6 warm serving bowls. Invert each souffle into the center of the bowl; serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pistachio Souffles With Soft Chocolate Centers
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 750.4
- Calories from Fat 439
- Total Fat 48.8 g
- Saturated Fat 28.0 g
- Cholesterol 515.7 mg
- Sodium 150.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 50.5 g
- Protein 17.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: