Recipe by BecR
Rich buttery pistachio shortbread cookies, with a fabulous lemon glaze! These cookies would make a lovely holiday or hostess gift, and a welcome addition to the holiday cookie tray. From Calphalon.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pistachios
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- chopped pistachios (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, butter and sugar until well-blended. Stir in nuts until stiff dough forms.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a ball. Pat each ball into a 6-inch round shape (about 1/2-inch thick) on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut each round into 8 or 16 wedges each. Arrange wedges on a nonstick jelly roll pan and bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Set the pan on a cooling rack and allow to cool for 2 minutes. Transfer the cookies directly to the rack to cool completely.
- Make glaze: Combine confectioner's sugar, corn syrup and lemon peel. Stir in lemon juice until desired consistency is achieved.
- Use a fork to drizzle glaze on shortbread wedges. Sprinkle chopped pistachios onto glazed shortbread.