Recipe by Shazia Ali
I like it because it is too easy and slightly different in taste. Our Pakistani bakers make shortbreads very commonly as teatime cookies. We called it Nan Khatais. I take this recipe in a magzine.
- 120 g butter or 120 g ghee
- 85 g caster sugar
- 50 g fine semolina
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 150 g all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup pistachio nut, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Take 3 tablespoons of pistachio and keep aside.
- chop the remaining nuts.
- Cream together butter or ghee and sugar until fluffy.
- Add in vanilla.
- Stir together semolina and flour.
- Mix flour mixture into the ghee mixture and stir until a firm paste is formed.
- Add chopped nuts and mix well.
- Knead lightly and make balls.
- Place a whole nut in the center of each ball.
- Slightly flatten the balls.
- Place the balls on ungreased baking tray and bake at 375F oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack then store in airtight container.
- Make 11/2 dozen cookies or it may depends on the size you make.