I love nuts - just like me! I like the flavor they give the rice. So this time, I decided to go with the pistachios. They make a lot of rice here at the home so we decided to try and make a few changes. The nuts & cheese are added at the end, so there was no problem with our older residents'.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter or 1/4 cup unsalted margarine or 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped in large pieces (to be discarded after infusing butter)
- 1 large yellow onions or 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon saffron thread
- 1 3/4 cups arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white vermouth or 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped pistachios
- 1Melt butter, margarine or olive oil in a large skillet over medium-heigh heat; add garlic and saute for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- 2Remove garlic from skillet.
- 4Now, add onion, and saute 5 minutes.
- 5Add saffron, and saute 1 minute.
- 6Add rice, and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
- 7Reduce heat to medium; add vermouth and 2 cups chicken broth.
- 8Cook, stirring constantly, until liquid is absorbed.
- 9Repeat procedure with remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time.
- 10Cooking time is 30-45 minutes.
- 11Remove from heat, stir in cheese and pistachios.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pistachio Risotto With Saffron
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.1
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 26.2 mg
- Sodium 238.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 11.5 g