Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great energy booster. Good for your hair and nails.
- 1 cup toasted sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons pistachio nuts, finely chopped and lightly toasted
- 1 -2 tablespoon raisins
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a coffee grinder grind sesame seeds with sugar till fine powder.
- Put in food processor bowl with rest of ingredients and pulse to form a stiff batter.
- Shape into a loaf.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before slicing.
I agree with chia and UmmBinat, it was impossible to slice even after freezing for some time. I processed it in the food processor until I got oil coming out and forming a moister dough, but it still is very crumbly. Next time I make it, maybe I try it with soaked raisins and three tablespoons honey, leaving out the sugar.
The taste was liked very much, though, by the sweet teeth here around :) Thanks for sharing!
YES! Thank you SO much for this recipe this is exactly what I have been looking for ever since trying it in France last year! Signed Self confessed Halva addict!
i'm very iffy about this dessert. the taste was good, but it was impossible to slice this as it just crumbled even though i did refrigerate it overnight. i brought it into my office and , to be honest, it wasn't visually appealing. i wonder if adding tahini or more honey would improve the color and consistancy.