A spicy, complex and filling dish that works as both a side and a main course. You might try adding a fried egg on top with an extra drizzle of harissa. Adapted from Generation Foodie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml dry quinoa (red or white)
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 473.18 ml water (or veggie broth)
- 14.79-29.58 ml harissa (test for your spicy threshhold)
- 59.14 ml parsley, washed and chopped
- 59.14 ml shelled pistachios, chopped
- 1 juice and lemon, zest of
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 1In a medium pot, saute onion, garlic and carrot in olive oil on medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
- 2Add quinoa and water.
- 3Cover and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat to med-low and simmer until water is absorbed, 10-12 minutes.
- 5When water is absorbed, stir in remaining ingredients and serve warm or cold.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pistachio Quinoa Pilaf With Harissa
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.2
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 64.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of