Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A spicy, complex and filling dish that works as both a side and a main course. You might try adding a fried egg on top with an extra drizzle of harissa. Adapted from Generation Foodie.
- 236.59 ml dry quinoa (red or white)
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 473.18 ml water (or veggie broth)
- 14.79-29.58 ml harissa (test for your spicy threshhold)
- 59.14 ml parsley, washed and chopped
- 59.14 ml shelled pistachios, chopped
- 1 juice and lemon, zest of
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- In a medium pot, saute onion, garlic and carrot in olive oil on medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Add quinoa and water.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to med-low and simmer until water is absorbed, 10-12 minutes.
- When water is absorbed, stir in remaining ingredients and serve warm or cold.