Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Different colored marshmallows make this a pretty dish for Spring. I got the recipe from a fellow officemate when I worked at Knott's Berry Farm. "Cooking Time" is actually the time spent in the refrigerator.
- 16 ounces crushed pineapple (packed in own juice)
- 12 ounces Cool Whip (you can sub "lite")
- 3 cups marshmallows (Miniature, different colored. Add more if desired)
- 3 1⁄2 ounces sugar free pistachio pudding mix (use the dry mix)
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces (optional)
- Mix one small box of dry pudding mix, pineapple and nuts (if using) together.
- Add marshmallows and cool whip.
- Put in a pretty, clear serving bowl.
- Refrigerate for several hours before serving.
I pretty much followed the recipe for this one, with one exception ~ instead of pecans, I used 3/4 of a cup of pistachios! Definitely want to make this again using the pecans, but toasting them beforehand! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted orphans in the current Pick-A-Chef]
I have been eating this stuff all my life and when I mixed it up, it brought back so many great memories of my Memaw and my Nee Nee. Finding the pastel mini marshmallows was a hunt, but it was fun. This is a great great great recipe that is very easy and everyone, ESPECIALLY kids love. I especially liked the use of the sugar free pudding mix.