Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My mother used to make this wonderful dessert for any holiday, and it is now one of my "comfort" foods!
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple, crushed
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 cups colored miniature marshmallows
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes instant pistachio pudding mix
- Mix all ingredients in a large serving bowl, until well combined.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Ahhh, Watergate Salad! This is absolutely delicious and one of my family's favourites. None of the kids (my son, his cousins, etc) like nuts though, so don't be afraid do leave them out. This is excellent without them.
Wonderful! My husband is a picky dessert eater and he loved this one! Wish I had found it sooner!!!
My mom made this stuff when I was a child also.My mom quit making it and I had forgotten all about it.Thank you!!This stuff is yummy,makes me feel like a kid again.