Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My mom made this all the time and it was always a HUGE hit. I made it for my Stampede BBQ's and I can't count the number of people who asked for the recipe. Kids will love this as a fun salad at Thanksgiving or other special occasions. It's quick, easy and very tasty. Everyone will love this! Cooking time is chill time.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 5 1⁄4 ounces packages miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄4 cup walnuts (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple and dry pistachio pudding mix.
- Fold in thawed whipped topping, marshmallows and optional nuts until well mixed.
- Refrigerate until chilled and serve.
- Cooking time is chill time.
I love that friends have a fit over this desert and can not figure our what makes it unique! I even used fat free pistachio pudding and Lite frozen topping and it was superb. Less calories and noone could tell the difference. What a quick, lovely desert.
When I was a child we ate this at all holidays and I always looked forward to it. I have been telling my children about childhood traditions such as this. I am so glad to have found the recipe. Try it. You won't be disappointed!
This was very good. Didnt have nuts on hand so I omitted! The kids fought over this!