Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My mom made this all the time and it was always a HUGE hit. I made it for my Stampede BBQ's and I can't count the number of people who asked for the recipe. Kids will love this as a fun salad at Thanksgiving or other special occasions. It's quick, easy and very tasty. Everyone will love this! Cooking time is chill time.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 5 1⁄4 ounces packages miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄4 cup walnuts (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple and dry pistachio pudding mix.
- Fold in thawed whipped topping, marshmallows and optional nuts until well mixed.
- Refrigerate until chilled and serve.
- Cooking time is chill time.
As another reviewer mentioned this salad is the "Watergate Salad" that's printed on the "Jello" pistachio pudding mix, has been for years so nothing new here. They recommend NOT draining the pineapple which is the way I've always preparred it. It's a good salad or dessert. Very sweet however. I'm giving it only 3 stars because it is a copy cat recipe with no mention of the "Jello" people who came up with it many years ago.
This is delicious. I added mandarin oranges and it turned out perfectly. I will be putting this into my regular menu rotation. Cathy, thank you for posting this recipe. Great job!
I love that friends have a fit over this desert and can not figure our what makes it unique! I even used fat free pistachio pudding and Lite frozen topping and it was superb. Less calories and noone could tell the difference. What a quick, lovely desert.