Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Years ago I enjoyed a salad similar to this. I got what was in it, but not how to put it all together and the sizes and amounts. Over the years I used trial and error to come up with this. My husband's family just expect this at every gathering and really gripe if I don't make it. Once I was planning something else and they brought the ingredients to the gathering for me to make it.
- Chop the cherries into fourths, but reserve a few for the top whole.
- Mix pudding with cool whip and pineapple with juice.
- Add walnuts, chopped cherries and marshmallows.
- Combine well.
- Refridgerate for at least 24 hours so marshmallows can soften, but can be served after 2 hours.
- Garnish with whole cherries on top.
This was great! Easy. Quick. Pretty. And everyone liked it. I will definitely make again. I made this for Christmas Open House. I sprinkled crushed candy canes on the top. It looked pretty and festive and the candy canes added a nice flavor to the Fluff.
I haven't had this in years... and couldn't remember how to make it. The recipe was perfect. YUM!