Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Years ago I enjoyed a salad similar to this. I got what was in it, but not how to put it all together and the sizes and amounts. Over the years I used trial and error to come up with this. My husband's family just expect this at every gathering and really gripe if I don't make it. Once I was planning something else and they brought the ingredients to the gathering for me to make it.
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant pistachio pudding mix
- 2 (12 ounce) containers Cool Whip
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry
- 1 (1 lb) bag mini marshmallows
- Chop the cherries into fourths, but reserve a few for the top whole.
- Mix pudding with cool whip and pineapple with juice.
- Add walnuts, chopped cherries and marshmallows.
- Combine well.
- Refridgerate for at least 24 hours so marshmallows can soften, but can be served after 2 hours.
- Garnish with whole cherries on top.
OH, YUM.....THIS WAS SOOO GOOD. Light, fluffy, refreshing. I used sugar free pudding mix and lite Cool Whip....so it was relatively guilt-free......but tasty enough to feel like I was getting away with something (always a good thing--grin)
excelllent.Made this yesterday and was enjoyed by all.I used a big of miniature colored marshmellows.This recipe makes alot.Will definately make this again.
Yummy!! I couldn't resist and had to taste this before it was done. I only had a 16 oz. container of Cool Whip on hand and it worked out perfectly. I suggest you use a large bowl for this because it makes quite a bit. The green pudding with the cherries on top really looks nice in a decorative glass bowl and it tastes wonderful. Definitely a keeper.