Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Pudding made into a tastey frosting.
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- Prepare pudding mix according to package directions using the 1 1/2 cups milk.
- In a small mixer bowl beat margarine and shortening with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add powdered sugar to beaten mixture; beat till lightly and fluffy. Gradually add pudding, beating well.
- Makes 3 3/4 cups, enough to frost top and sides of one 13x9x2-inch cake or tops and sides of two 8-or9-inch cake layers.
- Source: Better Homes and Gardens Creative Ideas: Holiday Desserts, 1988.