Prep 6 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Pistachio flavor is one of my favorites, so this dessert is a winner. Enjoy.
- 45 chocolate cookies, crushed
- 1 1⁄4 stiks light butter
- 2 (1 2/3 ounce) boxes instant pistachio pudding mix (I use sugar-free)
- 3 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 quart pistacho ice cream, softened (or use vanilla ice cream)
- 1 (16 ounce) light Cool Whip, thawed
- 3 butterfinger candy bars, crushed
- For the crust, melt butter and crushed cookies in a zip plastic bag.
- Mix together and spread in a lightly buttered 13x9" baking pan and bake 10 minutes at 300ºF. and cool.
- In a medium bowl, add pistachio pudding with milk and beat until thick.
- Spoon ice cream and spread over cooled crumb crust and freeze.
- When solid, spread Cool Whip on top and crush candy bars in a plastic zip bag and spread over Cool Whip. Freeze.
- Thaw at room temperature for about 10-15 minutes and cut in squares with a wet knife before serving.