Recipe by Abby Girl
The pistachios add a rich creaminess to this dessert and lend it their pale green colour. This recipe can be done ahead of time
Top Review by abadill_9847417
very, very good!!!! I served it with a little bit of whipped cream and crushed pistachios on top...excellent recipe. Will definitely do it again. I'm sure with some strawberries or raspberries on top will be delicious too!
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup pistachios, shelled
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the heavy cream, vanilla and pistachios into a pot and place over medium heat. Bring the cream to a simmer, do not boil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is a lemon colour. Temper the yolks by gradually whisking in the hot cream into the yolks and sugar mixture. Do not add the hot cream too quickly or the eggs will cook. Place mixture into a blender and puree until smooth. Pass the mixture through a fine strainer, discarding any solids.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pour the mixture into 6 - 8 oz ramekins, filling them three quarters of the way up. Fill a large shallow baking pan with 1/2" warm water. Carefully place the ramekins in the water bath and bake for about 35 minutes; the centre should just wiggle slightly.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the ramekins cool in the water for about 10 minutes. Then put them in the fridge for at least 2 hours to chill.