Recipe by Chef mariajane
Here is a recipe that is near and dear to my heart!! Anything with Pomegranate in it just has to be good!! I do love the flavor of this dish, not just because of the pomegranate, but the overall flavor, it takes time to make but is well worth the effort -
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 10 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups wild rice, rinsed
- 4 cups chicken broth (homemade or low-sodium storebought) or 4 cups water
- coarse salt
- 1 cup basmati rice, soaked in cold water for 20 minutes, and rinsed until water runs clear
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups pomegranate seeds (about 2 pomegrates)
- 1 cup shelled pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter and 1 tablespoons olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add shallots, and cook stirring frequently, until golden, 12-14 minutes. Transfer shallots to a bowl.
- Add wild rice to pot, and stir for 1 minute. Add stock and 1/2 teaspoons salt. Bring to a boil, and stir again. Cover and reduce heat , and gently simmer until grains burst, about 40 minutes. Uncover, and cook until liquid has been almost completely abosrbed, about 15 minutes more. Spread on a baking sheet to prevent rice from overcooking.,.
- Meanwhile in a separate saucepan, heat 1 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add basmati rice, and stir for 1 minute. Stir in the water and 1/2 teaspoons salt, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and gently simmer for 10 minutes (do not cover). Remove from heat, and let stand, covered for 3 minutes. Spread on baking sheet to prevent rice from overcooking.
- Whisk vinegar, sesame oil, remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl. Stirring constantly, gradually add wild and basmati rice. Add shallots, pomegranate seeds, pistachios, and herbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
- So Delicious!