Recipe by newmama
this is a festive cake, but can be made any time with any kind of cake/pudding. also very good frosted with pudding or pudding whipped cream mix.
Top Review by Michelle S.
Very good cake. I chose to use a chocolate fudge cake mix so my children would also eat the cake. I like the fact that there is not too much pistachio filling as to make it all goopy. But with saying that, please take the time and effort to fill all the holes you have punched with just a wee bit of pudding to make sure you have enough for all. I was thinking of trying this again only using vanilla pudding a green creme de menthe for a chocolatey minty cake sensation! It is light and a wonderful dessert.
- 18 1⁄2 ounces white cake mix
- 3 egg whites (or package instructions)
- 1⁄4 cup oil (or per package)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water (or per package)
- 3 1⁄2 ounces instant pistachio pudding mix (jello instant)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1⁄8 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- mix and bake cake according to package in 13x9 in pan.
- while hot poke holes with a small spoon handle or skewer.
- mix pudding mix with powdered sugar, whisk in milk.
- while runny immediately pour over the warm cake.
- cool completely and frost with cool whip or pudding (or mix).
- refrigerate at least 1 hour, or overnight.