Chef #794726's Note:
Great tasting sauce for pasta dishes or as a dipping sauce with corn chips, crackers or pita bread. This is a modified version of a pesto sauce made by Michael Chiarello for Pesto Smashed Potatoes. The basic changes I made were adding more garlic and substituting untoasted pistachios for the toasted pine nuts. Otherwise, the blanching and mixing are pretty much the same.
My Private Note
cups of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large strainer, place the basil and parsley.
- 2Blanch the herbs under boiling water in a large pot for 15 seconds.
- 3Use a large serving spoon or a coffee mug or whatever you have to keep the parsley and basil completely under water for the whole 15 seconds.
- 4Remove and immediately place in a large bowl of ice water to stop any cooking.
- 5Squeeze out the excess water and loosely chop.
- 6Place the the parsley and basil in a food processor with all of the other ingredients except for the olive oil.
- 7Start to puree the ingredients as you slowly add the one cup of olive oil.
- 8The whole dish takes five minutes to make plus the time it takes to boil the water.
- 9Adjust any ingredients to your personal taste.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pistachio Pesto Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.3
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 4.4 mg
- Sodium 197.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 2.9 g