Recipe by jennifer in new jersey
This recipe comes from "Sauces for Pasta" by Kristie Trabant and Andrea Chesman. It is an interesting variation on the classic pesto which is made with pine nuts or walnuts.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup shelled unsalted pistachio nuts
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- combine basil, garlic, cheese and pistachios in a food processor or blender.
- process to mix.
- with the machine running, slowly add the olive oil.
- season with salt and pepper and process to the desired consistency.
- let stand for 5 minutes.
- to serve, thin the pesto with a few tablespoons of hot pasta cooking water and toss with hot fettuccine or linguine.