Recipe by spatchcock
My boyfriend's mother gave us all these pistachios, and I didn't know what to do with them, so I added them to pasta. It was WONDERFUL! Hope you like it!
- linguine (as much as you would like)
- oil (for frying)
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- finely chopped pistachios, shells removed (I used about 1/3 cup)
- prepared pesto sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare linguini using package instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a nonstick pan.
- Fry garlic and pistachios until garlic is brown and pistachios are tender (they may look burned, but don't worry -- they don't taste burned).
- Add onion to pan.
- Fry onion until tender.
- Add ingredients in pan to linguini.
- I added some prepared pesto sauce from a jar, but I think that a little olive oil and some shredded romano or parmesan cheese would be really good as well!
- I also added crushed black pepper.