Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My boyfriend's mother gave us all these pistachios, and I didn't know what to do with them, so I added them to pasta. It was WONDERFUL! Hope you like it!
- linguine (as much as you would like)
- oil (for frying)
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- finely chopped pistachios, shells removed (I used about 1/3 cup)
- prepared pesto sauce (optional)
- Prepare linguini using package instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a nonstick pan.
- Fry garlic and pistachios until garlic is brown and pistachios are tender (they may look burned, but don't worry -- they don't taste burned).
- Add onion to pan.
- Fry onion until tender.
- Add ingredients in pan to linguini.
- I added some prepared pesto sauce from a jar, but I think that a little olive oil and some shredded romano or parmesan cheese would be really good as well!
- I also added crushed black pepper.
Great idea for pasta which was very enjoyable. I would consider adding avocado to this as well as a green salad. Even the three year old ate this without complaint!
Wow, what a wonderful surprise! My other half and I have "swapped roles" this week so I'm on washing up and he's on dinner. He has free reign over the menu and picked this little winner to make last night. I have to say, I was dubious to begin with (not being accustomed to nuts with pasta) but this was really good. The flavours came together wonderfully and it was spot on. He stirred through 2tbsp pesto at the end which finished it off nicely. My only comments would be that a quoted amount of pesto would be helpful (I had to advise him of how much to use) and also the pistachios were a nightmare to shell, but that's hardly the recipe's fault! Delicious and we'll definitely be having it again! Thanks!
Great Recipe :) My husband cooked it for me and he didnt add the pesto sauce. I love it, and will try it next time with the sauce and a glass of wine ;)